Old March 23rd 15, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bryan Searle

Default Encrypted Flarmnet files and 3rd party software

At 17:22 23 March 2015, Ramy wrote:
This doesn't make any sense. The whole point of flarmnet, as well as the
recent upgrade to the butterfly display was to support the new encrypted
flarmnet so it doesn't make sense that this is by design.
For now best thing to do is downgrade the butterfly display to previous
version and use an older unencrypted copy of flarmnet.
These silly privacy concerns are only causing a mess.

Ramy

I have just downloaded the flarmnet.fln file, I used Flarmnet-lookup
(python script) to see the records and all the information is there apart
from the pilot's name. This seems fairly reasonable, one can find this
information if you want. Enjoy!