Old September 12th 11, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Conspicuity Tape / Visibility Markings

When it was time to paint my Cherokee I spent time reading that UK
report as well as starting a thread on RAS and reading old threads. I
ended up with bright red stripes chordwise on the wings and vertical
which broke up the daytona white base. By all accounts other pilots
have told me that it is very easy to see from a distance.

just saw this picture on www.soaring.eu: http://soaring.eu/wp-content/uploads...9/IMG_8262.jpg

seems the markings wrapped around the leading edges do a good job of
breaking up the wing and making it a bit easier to see than the
"generic white glider". I also like that guys contest ID