Old May 9th 21, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

Default OLC scoring errors

Over the years, I have had occasionally thought that the OLC had not scored my flights correctly. Upon extensive analysis using tools like SeeYou, I have never been able to pick points on the flight trace that have increased my score. As far as the triangle distance being much less than what I expected, in every case I had failed to "close" my triangle by recrossing my flight path or coming within the 1 km that is required. Therefore, my "supposed" triangle was not counted and the largest FAI triangle that was actually achieved was counted instead. I have analyzed other pilots' flights where the score is questionable with the same results. The only tool that I have used to change my score was entering a different Start or Finish time, and the resulting difference wasn't enough to squawk about. Maybe others have had different experiences, but in my case, the OLC has been pretty reliable at giving me the best score for a particular flight.