Old September 7th 05, 05:32 PM
Newps

The GPS doesn't stop working when you get a RAIM warning. All RAIM
means is the accuracy can't be verified. I have gotten quite a few RAIM
messages on my GX55, if not for the warning you would never have known
it. The GPS hums along nicely.

xyzzy wrote:
You're supposed to go missed if you have a RAIM or GPS failure message.
But all the GPS IAP's I've seen have missed approaches that require use
of the GPS to fly correctly (fly to this waypoint, then go to this other
waypoint and hold). So what do you do? Use the GPS to fly the missed
despite the RAIM failure (assuming the whole GPS hasn't gone belly up)?
Call ATC for help?