Old February 12th 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AK

Default AGW/Climate Change (was contrails)

On Feb 12, 1:08*pm, Mark Jardini wrote:
How much would the weather patterns change if the average earth temp
went up 2 degF? how many storms and droughts? how much alteration in
ocean current? How many failed crops for dryland farmers? How much of
this can we tolerate?

The earth is perched in pretty fine ballance supporting 6+ billion H
sapiens, and more all the time. How much room is left for the other
forms of life on this planet? How hard would we have to hit the last
undeveloped landmasses if there were widespread crop failures? How
many starvations in the undeveloped world? How many would die of
thrist on a planet where fresh water is already a thin commodity? How
many extinctions of unique and wonderful species, let alone the
possible commercial values of said species?

How many dislocations and migrations of populations can we handle?
(witness the slow remedy in Haiti for a relatively mild disaster on a
world scale.)

Are you so sure global warming is hoax? Are you willing to risk all of
this on a stubborn point? If you are not concerned, you are not
thinking.

Mark Jardini MD, Capt, USAF (ret)

Enough of this global warming discussion on RAS. If you guys have so
much time, go and join another group. This is about flying please be
respectful. Do we really want to discuss politics here? I hope not.