Old September 8th 10, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Gilbert[_2_]

Default Std Cirrus: Blue or Gray trim color ONLY!...why?

On Sep 5, 10:16*pm, SoaringXCellence wrote:
On Sep 5, 9:22*pm, GARY BOGGS wrote:

Haven't test by the military shown that anything other than all white
less visable?

Boggs

On Sep 5, 5:31*am, Scott Alexander
wrote:

After the multiple mid-airs we have had this year, I am wanting to add
some high-vis trim colors on the nose, wingtips and rudder. *How would
I go about getting approval for a high visibility color that isn't
blue or gray? *Or maybe there's a high visibility blue out there I can
use.

I think I heard that in Sweden that ALL sailplanes are required to
have "high visibility" wing tips, nose and tail. *I know that several
imports from Sweden did come with such markings.

You might check with the manufacturer about how they meet the Sweden
requirements

Mike

My understanding is that the hi-vis markings are for landing out in
snow. In the air, the darker tips tend to decrease visible span.
John