Old August 16th 18, 06:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default SSA "Where to Fly" Map

On Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 7:11:13 PM UTC-6, Giaco wrote:
Is the SSA's "Where to fly" map updated regularly? There seem to be a number of clubs that are shown on the site with old and bad links and no recent history on google, at least in the last few years....

Specifically, i was trying to figure out if Iroquois soaring Association or Saratoga Soaring Association are still in existence...

Either answer is appreciated
Thanks
G7

Sometimes the SSA doesn't know of a changed status or of a relocation. A few soaring groups have opted out of being SSA clubs and chapter (100% SSA membership) thus have vanished from the map. Each year when a club or chapter renews, they are sent information sheets to complete and return. Some never do complete those. Most are diligent. It seems when leadership churns, some things may fall through the cracks. In a few cases, members of clubs need to think about churning their leadership. SSA did establish a Soaring Associate category so that we could keep active organizations on the map if they couldn't/wouldn't maintain 100% SSA membership and provide the SSA with a member roster. That has been both accepted and ignored. Things get updated as the SSA becomes aware of a change.

I don't recall Colorado Soaring Association ever listing an incorrect address though the road was renamed about four years ago and physical address changed. There were some 35-acre (minimum size to build) residential plats established to the north a few years ago. we're still winch launching about 70 miles north of Denver.

Frank Whiteley