Old February 4th 21, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Manley[_3_]

Default On line ground school

Looking for an organized zoom/FaceTime type ground school geared towards people like me so I can hit the ground running when the flying opens up.

Not an organized ground school, but Sporty's pilot shop offers an excellent product entitled "So You Want to Fly Gliders"
https://www.sportys.com/so-you-want-...e-and-app.html
It is geared toward someone transitioning from powered flight to gliders, and is the most concentrated presentation of glider-rating related information I have ever seen.
It really is excellent.

As a category add-on candidate, you are not required to take a written exam.. That said, I recommend purchase and study of one of the written exam preparation software packages available, e.g. Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA) == https://www.asa2fly.com/Test-Prep-20...t-P4298C9.aspx (includes Commercial Glider)
Similar test prep software is available from Dauntless and Gleim.

The F.A.A. Glider Flying Handbook is another recommended reference and study resource, available free at
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...ider_handbook/

You will also want to download and review the Practical Test Standard for Commercial Glider ==
https://www.faa.gov/training_testing...s-8081-23a.pdf