Old March 20th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

Default Subaru magazine soaring article

On Mar 20, 2:19*pm, wrote:
On Mar 20, 11:12 am, rlovinggood wrote:

The caption calls the ship an ASW-28. *Really? *I think I've seen a
total of one 28, and then for just a brief moment, so I'm not really
suited for picking a 28 out of a crowd. *But the sharp edges of the
canopy and the funny little bump out on the vertical fin right above
the TE probe, and the "old style" enlarged rudder make it look like
it's not a new Schleicher product.

Is it, in fact, a 28?

If not, what is it?

A Pegase? (I've never seen one of these birds.)

Curious

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

On Mar 20, 1:50 pm, JS wrote:

http://www.mysubaru.com.au/symmetry/adventure1.htm

Looks more like one of thos Lark 1-seaters, IS-29d or whatever.- Hide quoted text -

IS-29D

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/VH-GWC.html

Ain't google grand?

Pete