Old March 20th 19, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Flarm suppression of ADS-B out on Tow Planes

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 6:44:42 PM UTC-7, Mike Schumann wrote:

skyBeacon is a pretty darn inexpensive and easy to implement way to make a tow plane 2020 compliant. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant number of people don't go that route, even though it is UAT instead of 1090ES.

That would be the stupidest thing in the world. "significant number".... bull****. There are very few towplanes anywhere that I know of that are planning to equip with ADS-B Out for 2020 compliance reasons. I'm not aware of any of them going UAT, I had one question asked months ago and that person went away understanding why to use 1090ES Out not UAT. I only hear about ADS-B Out installs that folks ask for help with, but by now I'd hope that enough people know to keep UAT away from PowerFLARM equipped gliders.