Old April 1st 19, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Buying LS3a or ASW20a? ~$25k cross country glider. Which one andwhy?

....And 511M is one sweet flying machine.Â* I know this as a former owner
who added about 650 hours to her clock.

On 3/31/2019 10:24 PM, Steve Leonard wrote:
For the record, you guys all like to bash on them about their "annual fee". It is 245 Euro. Yeah, the other manufacturers aren't doing this, but I sure as heck wouldn't rule out a plane I am looking at spending upwards of 25K on because there is an extra $275 per year in expense of ownership. Heck, you might even find parts are cheaper for supporting an older LS under contract than an older Schleicher. Maybe not. But I wouldn't rule them out just because of that little bit.

YMMV,
Steve Leonard
LS6 serial 6037
N511M
Most recent sailplane to have been flown by a US Pilot (not me!) to a World Championship.

--
Dan, 5J