Old November 5th 20, 10:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Salmon[_3_]

Default Old Folks Poll

Only just seen this thread. I've been gliding twice the 25 years, and would
agree with lots of the comments, glass, gps, etc. I'm not sure about cost
of gliders though. I can only talk about the UK, in my early days a decent
glider would cost roughly the same as the average house, now they are much
cheaper.
Perhaps the biggest change here though is the proliferation of Controlled
Airspace, reducing where we can fly on this little island.
Dave

At 12:41 03 November 2020, Roy B. wrote:
I thought it might be fun (and healthy) to start a poll or discussion for
t=
he guys and gals who have been in the sport for + 25 years or more. So,
my=
question for those people is : "What is the biggest change you have seen
i=
n the sport over the years you have participated?"

For me, the biggest change was the widespread adoption of GPS - which
chan=
ged everything about flight recording, contests, contest tasking and

badge
=
flying. Second place goes to the newer trailers which are so much better
th=
an what we struggled with in the old days. Third place might be OLC . . .
What do you think?

ROY