Old July 20th 05, 05:03 PM
Peter R.

Personally I'd never fly into a Class B
airport in something slow, but I know guys that have with varying
degress of success (measured by the controller's level of
exasperation).

The first year I flew for Angel Flight I did several flights to Teterboro,
NJ (through NY class B), Baltimore-Washington Int., and Boston Logan in a
C172SP. Perhaps it was the fact that I was flying under the AF callsign,
but not one controller complained outwardly. My response was to always
remain extra sharp, listen, and immediately comply.

During the various approaches, I do recall *always* receiving a "best
speed, please" request, however.

--
Peter