Old April 6th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Default Cirrus Owner Tell His Story

On 2008-04-06, BobR wrote:

Now that is a lie. *Nobody ever claimed that the whole story was bogus
just because zoom reported it.

Then why do people kepe bringing Zoom into it?

What people have said is that tying it to a slam on Sun-N-Fun was bogus
because there was not one shread of proof that there was any threat to
those attending.

The AOPA didn't tie it to SnF.

The state of Florida says they may charge use tax for aircraft owned by
someone with no connection to Florida that flies there for business or
training. I don't trust a government to not collect tax they say they amy
collect.

That is also a lie and the portions of the law pertaining to that fact
were published here several times.

The Florida Department of Revenue has said it. Go look at the letter that
AOPA got from them; my statement is a direct quote from that letter. The
article is athttp://www.aopa.org/advocacy/articles/2008/080328fl.html, and
the letter is athttp://www.aopa.org/advocacy/articles/2008/080328fl.pdf.
My quote is taken from the answer to question 4 on page 5. AOPA is still
troubled by the use fo the term "may", and if they are, I am.

Just checked out your web site and now I understand everything.
Birds of a feather.

Uhm. Huh? What on my web site (and which one, for that matter) would lead
you to believe that I have anything in common with Zoom Campbell? I'm not
defending the guy. I *am* saying that his credibility, or total lack
thereof, has no bearing on this story.
--

Gee Jay, do you get my point yet? BFG

Jay Maynard, K5ZC * * * * * * * * *http://www.conmicro.comhttp://jmaynard.livejournal.com* * *http://www.tronguy.net
Fairmont, MN (FRM) * * * * * * * * * * * *(Yes, that's me!)
AMD Zodiac CH601XLi N55ZC (ordered 17 March, delivery 2 June)