Old March 27th 17, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default finding canopy leaks

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 5:07:24 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Matt-

Great idea, but others should be sure to clamp off or disconnect the pitot if it is in the nose with the air intake. Another leak detector that works with this method is one of those "punk" firework igniters. It produces smoke and can be waved over the canopy gap to show escaping air. A cigarette will also work, but I am not so politically incorrect to suggest THAT! (although it is what I use)

A piece of instrument tubing used as a stethoscope in flight can help find leaks too.
Don't confuse it with the pee tube.
Jim