Old January 4th 15, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What is the L/D penalty of outside mounted GoPros?

Bruno,

I used a Drift HD170 on the tail and wings. It is a very slim camera with VERY little frontal area( I mean almost nothing). When I had it on the wing, it was not noticeable at all.
Email Paul C and get in touch with me that way, and I can send you pics and videos.
Drift has improved the camera tremendously as well. The remotes have RED/GREEN lights so you know camera is on. You can use one remote for two cameras so if you ever wanted a split screen, the image time lapse would be perfectly synchronized. Front lens rotates 180deg, so you can place the camera virtually anywhere and adjust the lens to be level with horizon. Each camera has a nice LCD screen to set up the shot, then you can turn of the screen to save battery.
Check out DRIFT website.
I am not affiliated nor an investor in the company 8-)
Hope to see you in Nephi, with a glider this time....
Justin