Old October 17th 04, 10:41 AM
Janos Bauer

Mark James Boyd wrote:

There was another option closer, but I didn't see a benefit
for me at the time of the higher cost, lower availability,
closer location, nicer aircraft.

I learned that low cost often means: no parachute, no fuel for tow
plane or winch, no instrument, no trailer, no tow vehicle, no spare
parts etc-etc. When I suggested to increase the membership fees
suddenly became an enemy of the members...
I also visit a commercial operator and it's good to get what you pay
for. Of course they can't provide the same feeling of a self serving
club, but could be a good extension. All sailplanes equipped with good
instruments, new parachute, logger. You can fly high performance
gliders, even Discus2!

/Janos