Old March 4th 04, 08:44 PM
Dave Jackson

Al Denelsbeckd wrote in message
You tell me then: how is the information parsed?

The following AI comments may be outdated by about 15 years.

It has been reported that there are a million lines of code in the Comanche.
This implies the use of serial processing and its von Newman bottleneck. AI
will probably take place in the domain of massive parallel processing,
perhaps with Omega net interconnections. The coding in each of the 10 to
the ? power processors will be quite simple, since its function is only to
replicate a few neurons plus their synapses, dendrites and axons etc.

The total neuronal activity of the Aplysia was replicated in silicon a long
time ago. I suspect that higher level cognitive abilities are closer than we
think. It's sort of scary because it implies Determinism. Roll over
Darwin, here comes Skinner and Dawkins.

Dave J