Old October 30th 05, 02:57 AM
Kyle Boatright

Default seeking first hand Jabiru 3300 opinions

"Russell Duffy" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings,

The subject pretty much says it all. I'm looking to hear from those who
are flying a 3300 Jabiru engine. I've heard that there were some problems
in the early days, but I was told that since about 2002, the engines have
been working very well, with no problems. Can anyone confirm or deny
this? Again, I'm most interested in first hand info, from people who are
actually flying the engine.

Thanks,
Rusty

I have an acquaintance who has the 3300 on his Sonex. He has approximately
100 trouble-free hours on it. On the other hand, he installed an Aero-Carb
on it, and had lots 'o problems with it before he repaced it with the stock
carb...

You might try googling the Sonex board. I'd guess it probably has the
easiest to corral group of 3300 flyers. You may have to join to browse the
messages.

KB