Old October 30th 05, 08:01 AM
Rob Turk

Default seeking first hand Jabiru 3300 opinions

"Russell Duffy" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings,

The subject pretty much says it all. I'm looking to hear from those who
are flying a 3300 Jabiru engine. I've heard that there were some problems
in the early days, but I was told that since about 2002, the engines have
been working very well, with no problems. Can anyone confirm or deny
this? Again, I'm most interested in first hand info, from people who are
actually flying the engine.

Thanks,
Rusty

Not yet flying, it will take another half year or so to complete our Rans
S6S. But we did run the engine and taxied around the block a few times. So
far no problems with 0.5 hours runtime ;-)

Check out the jabiruengines group on Yahoo, I'm sure you can find all
experiences (good and bad) on it. Most common issues have to do with
installation. Getting the cooling right on all cylinders can be a bit
tricky, but once you have that figured out the Jab3300 is a very reliable
and pleasant engine to fly with.

Rob