Old June 3rd 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Those *dangerous* Korean War relics

How about 9/12, when we couldn't fly and all had to start
wearing name badges with pictures? TFR that aren't
temporary?

Income tax even though the 16th Amendment was not properly
ratified?

Eminent domain as approved by the SCOUS to take your
business or home because it is worth more tax money to the
government if somebody else owns it for a while?

Campaign finance reform that doesn't allow free speech 60
days before an election?

Zero tolerance at school so your kid is suspended because he
has a 1" solid plastic gun with the GI Joe doll?

some support

. ..
wrote in message
| k.net...
|
| "Gary Drescher" wrote in
message
| news |
| That's very progressive of you, Steven. But it doesn't
quite jibe with
| your earlier post today, in which you listed the Civil
War as the first
| point at which the US "ceased to be a free
country"--which would only be
| possible if it had been a free country *until* then.
|
| I didn't say the Civil War was the first point at which
the US "ceased to
| be a free country".
|
| It was the first point you listed when you were asked to
explain your remark
| that the US had "ceased to be a free country".
|
| When did the US cease to be a free country, in your
opinion?