Old February 12th 09, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

Default LS-4 For Sale

On Feb 12, 1:10*pm, wrote:
On Feb 1, 10:59*am, AK wrote:

On Feb 1, 10:54*am, wrote:

LS-4 FOR SALE:

1982 LS-4, ser. # 4209, N30RD, only 462.8 flight hours. *NDH.
Standard category certified. *Complete logs and manuals.
Blue tint canopy. *Narrow panel for tall pilots.

What is the fit like in an LS-4 for a 6'2" 215 lb. pilot?

Jeff

I'm 6' 3", 200lbs, and I flew my LS-4 (X3) for many years. It *was* a
tight fit, but do-able. My knees were high enough in the air so the
backs of my legs weren't supported, and over time, this caused
problems. At about age 58 or so, I started noticing that I had to
stand for a few seconds beside the glider before I could walk after a
long X-C.

The very best glider for a tall person is the Ventus 2bx with the
extended nose. I have one now, and it is *wonderful* ;-)

Regards,

Frank (TA)