Old February 19th 12, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kd6veb

Default The Boy Who Flew With Condor DVD

Hi Gang
I have just purchased and received a copy of ths DVD. Its excellent
with Walt Disney himself providing some of the commentary. The story
is about someone learning to fly sailplanes and almost everything
shown is as pertinent now as it was back in the 60s. The condors are
spectacular and a flock of several of them are shown flying together.
I guess the film was made prior to the DDT problems that almost wiped
them out in the 60s. A lake landing of a 1-26 is shown with no
probelms, also a landing and takeoff on the beach below Torres Pines,
and an interesting XC for a diamond badge in the Owens Valley in bad
weather. All in all a happy interesting DVD. I would have no
hesitation in recommending this DVD to a general audience or to any of
my sailplane friends.
Dave