Old February 16th 05, 04:47 AM
Mike W.

With the RAM conversion (I assume some sort of engine/prop upgrade?) and the
full load; in addition to the POH, you really should get the actual current
w&b for that individual aircraft to do your w&b calcs. Your friend is going
to be PIC? Have him show you the w&b calcs for the trip, it's a necessary
item to make a flight legal and safe. Check out FAR §91.103. Are you sure
you can even get it off the ground?
Am I reading this right, 7 persons plus 60lbs bags each? I am betting those
bags will cost you some fuel capacity.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone have a POH or experience flying a Cessna 414A? I ask,
because we are flying one down to Daytona next month with 7 souls (incl
2 pilots) and light baggabe (60 lbs each). I would like to know the W&B
calculations.

I have flown this airplane with 4 pax and full fuel and it handles just
fine, but with 7, I am wondering if we need to pass on some fuel?

The aircraft in question belongs to my friend and although I am multi
rated, have only flown this plane a couple of times.

It does have the RAM conversion which I am told increases the useful
load to 2350 Lbs? RAM's site states 2000Lbs?

I trust my friend, he is a great pilot, but he just added the 7th
person to this trip and I am the kind of guy that needs to know for
myself.

I have asked for a copy of the POH and hopefully will have this by next
week.

Any info would be appreciated. Paul