Old December 7th 05, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default GPS 396 audio terrain warnings

Does anyone else have their Garmin 396 connected to the audio in their airplane?

If so, do you get terrain warnings every time you approach an airport to land?

I do, but Garmin doesn't seem to be very interested in helping. I've exchanged
several emails with their tech support. They don't acknowledge that there is
anything wrong.

They say they have "some algorithms" to prevent the audio terrain alert when
approaching an airport to land. They say they might not work correctly for all
airports. My experience is that they don't work for any airport I have visited.

If anyone else is seeing this behavior, please contact Garmin so that they will
know I'm not the only one.

Thanks.