Old August 15th 20, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default § 61.87 (i)

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 7:24:55 AM UTC-5, John Godfrey (QT) wrote:
On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 2:13:03 AM UTC-4, David Shelton wrote:
The regs state that solo students must receive and log "flight training" for "Procedures for disassembly and assembly of the glider." "Flight Training" is defined in 14 CFR 61.1 as training "received from an authorized instructor in flight in an aircraft." Technically, students must be trained to disassemble the glider while in flight!

The requirement to instruct in assembly/disassemble procedures is the most explicit requirement in this reg that the student know how to tell if the aircraft is assembled properly. Teaching of preflight inspection in ubiquitious in pre-solo instruction, but not explicitly addressed in this reg.

So far I've had only one person actually argue that aspect with me.

I have to share this, I actually have somebody who continues to argue back channel that I am full of crap. He lacks the intellectual integrity to come here and argue it for himself so instead he's threatening (indirectly) suit for libel for a job he does for free.

No, I'm not making this up.