Old November 7th 04, 04:37 PM
Ron Natalie

PaulH wrote:
I took my Arrow up to 10,500 today to check out my fingertip O2
measuring device. I can maintain 90-93% saturation with deep
breathing and no supplemental O2. Anybody know what the minimum safe
level is for daytime? I guess it might be cumulative, i.e. the longer
you go at 92% the less safe it is? Dropped down to about 88% when I
got distracted with some cockpit chores and started normal sea level
breathing.

Are we talking about the pilot or the passengers. 90% is fine for
passengers, even the 80's would be fine for most passengers.

90% is not so good for the pilot.