Old December 3rd 03, 09:26 PM
Mary Shafer

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:16:37 GMT, Ed Rasimus
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 21:04:05 -0800, Mary Shafer
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 14:45:06 GMT, Ed Rasimus
wrote:

Suppose they opt to fly missions from Aircraft carriers. How long
would this take? (Basic training, flight school, etc.)

I assume you mean training. All USMC and USN aviators are carqual.
About two years.

I don't think the P-3 or C-130 communities carqual, Ed.

Caught me in the act of being elitist, didn't you?

Not at all. I caught you saying something I'd normally say.

Can I defend myself by saying that I was narrowly focused on the
question regarding "Marine Fighter Pilot"? Nahh, I forgot the heavy
operators, pure and simple.

All fighter pilots in the Navy and Marines carqual. That's what we
both would mean, but not say.

If I hadn't just been talking to a former P-3 pilot, I would have
forgotten them, too. We were talking about tanker aircraft or the
C-130s would have never occurred to me, either.

I'm not even going to mention the adversary F-16s that were,
presumably, flown by both Navy and Marine aviators. That way lies
madness and an interminable thread about hook size, training, and
"what if".

Rejoice with me. They've got the rafters and roof sheathing on our
house, having put up the load-bearing walls in two days, and have
started on the non-load-bearing walls and the water lines and wiring.
The sheer-wall sheathing is being done today. We have the pre-drywall
walk-through on Tuesday, a week from now.

Mary