Old June 4th 13, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gianni Isotope

Default LS7 Main Wheel / Landing Gear question

After removing the main wheel of my LS7 to service the brake pads/drum and then
replacing the wheel, bushing and right-side spacer, I noticed that the tire is
not exactly centered between the two landing gear forks, but is shifted about
1/4 inch to the right side, away from the side with the brake lever. The tire
also seems to be slightly off-center relative to the CG tow hook. Also, the tire
barely clears two inwardly-facing bolts attached to the right side landing gear fork.

I didn't notice any off-center arrangement before I removed the wheel, but I
probably wasn't looking at it that carefully. It may have been there all along -- wish I took photos.

Does anyone know if this is normal/acceptable, or cause for concern?

Thanks,

Jordan