Old May 28th 17, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Thinking about buying a DG400

On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 10:40:27 PM UTC-7, Bret Hess wrote:
If you like (and have time) to work on planes as well as fly them, you'll likely find the support you need online to keep it flying. I'm speaking from the PIK 20E community which is active in helping each other with the same issues you would face.

If I were buying a 400 again I would probably factor in the cost of an engine overhaul to zero time it. In the US this will probably cost $4,000, give or take; can't say what it would cost in Europe, but owners on the forum would know.

The annual maintain would probably be comparable to what it takes to keep the 808 flying. The maintenance itself is not complicated, but it does take some mechanical ability.

Tom