Old April 6th 18, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Virgin Galactic

On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 5:45:53 AM UTC-7, AS wrote:
Virgin Galactic successfully completed another test flight. Out of curiosity, I looked up the reg.-number N202VG of the space plane. Turns out that it is registered as an Experimental Glider - without an engine! So that massive rocket sticking out the back is not an engine? Hmmm... the possibilities I see now ....
Uli
'AS'

Arcus T, ASG32Mi, JS1-CJ, Ximango, etc. are also registered as glider.
So was Space Ship One.
Virgin Galactic pilots must be rated Commercial Pilot - Glider.
They train and keep current at my home field.
Jim