Old August 11th 19, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Solid Red LED after Flarm update to 6.80

On Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 3:13:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I just updated my PowerFlarm to v6.80 and after the update I'm now getting a solid "red" LED rather than the usual "Green". PowerFlarm feeds Butterfly display and LXNav S80/Oudie 2. All show reception of GPS signal from Flarm and Flarm targets are displayed on all. I've looked at the .TXT file and it indicates update successfully to 6.80 and no obvious (to me) errors..

Does anyone have any suggestions on what is causing the red LED indicating error condition?

I have updated my PowerFLARM and Butterfly to 6.80; all indications are normal, though I reloaded my flarmcfg.txt file, which used to be recommended; if you have not, you might try to do that. My ranges, according to KTrax range analysis, are significantly less than with 6.67 (I keep a good eye on ranges), based on two flights with a lot of targets (21 club and private gliders, plus those at outlying fields). I will be reloading 6.67 and seeing if the behaviour changes back to the larger 10 and 10-20 db circles there. I'm in North America, therefore, no antenna diversity, though I'm grandfathered (SN000169).
Dan