Old September 10th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mitty

Default A gaggle of questions about traning from an old geezer...

On 9/10/2007 9:27 AM, Dave Butler wrote the following:
SimGuy wrote:

4) During training (with the instructor), how much flying, if any, is
performed in actual IMC? I ask because I would like to fly early in
the morning, and on most days, OAK is 1000' overcast until after 9am.

That depends on your instructor, and how much confidence he has in you
keeping the shiny side up.

If your instructor won't train you in IMC, you need a different instructor. Not
initially, of course, because you don't need the pressure of talking to ATC.
But eventually. My goal was 10 hours of IMC before the ride and I had 10.2 IIRC.