Old October 22nd 05, 01:47 AM
gregg

Default $340 Million Powerball

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

"Jay Honeck" writes:

From my perspective, the lottery is just a "stupid tax" that I am
not required to pay. However, many others do...

That's my perspective, too.

Yet, today, for some reason, Mary and I blew a $5 bill on FIVE (count 'em
-- FIVE!) Powerball tickets!

That's five more than we've ever bought before! (We actually had to ask
the clerk how to play the lottery. The people in line were
incredulous...)

I feel so, so, I don't know....*stupid*...

:-)

I've called it "paying my stupidity tax" quite often myself.

Here in Massachusetts, only a fraction of the lottery ticket proceeds goes
to the winning pot. More than 50% (I believe) goes to the education
department. Might be wrong on the percentage - I'll have to check.

So buying a lottery ticket helps the State Education department. And,
eventually, SOMEONE wins the pot.

Gregg

Replicas of 15th-19th century nautical navigational instruments,
Restoration of my 1919 Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat, and
Steambending FAQ with photos:
http://home.comcast.net/~saville/index.html