Old July 23rd 12, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 1-26 Nationals?

First of all, Bill, Tom, Francois..... it was great to see you and fly with you again. I think we continue to make a good mix.

On scoring, we have used See You for years quite successfully, both with Tom Presley, and other scores since Tom. Tom has had all the scoring scripts incorporated into a file which was sent to the scorer before the contest. I also emailed to make sure it was sent. Our scorer was just going to use Winscore at first until it was pointed out that the rules were too different. He was not familiar with the See You Competition program and took a couple of days to get going. After he had things going a couple of us did the calculations to ensure things were working correctly. It was quite frustrating being there racing and not having a good idea of how you were doing. This was the first contest I have attended where daily sheets were not handed out. Day 5 ended up being an invalid 1-26 day, that was not noticed until the last evening and it had been included in the total score. This changed some of the final standings. Bob Hurni, Bill Vickland and my self stayed up until midnight checking through the totals to ensure everything was as accurate as we could make things.

This is one of the major potential problems with mixing the two groups, but is usually works a little smoother than it did this time.

We have a 14 day period for scores to be checked before making final. We hope to get all of the IGC files and get everything double checked before that time.

Kevin
192