Old June 1st 04, 03:23 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 05:31:27 -0400, Cub Driver
wrote:

But, the Wall
is black and buried, a depression in the ground symbolizing the
depression of the nation that did not win the war or respect the men
who fought it.

I think you're wrong on this one, Ed. To me the Wall is the most
beautiful and most moving monument anywhere in the world, the only one
I return to, and the only one that ever made me cry.

Dan,

I didn't intend to, but I cried as well. Partly from the memories of
old comrades and partly from the frustration with those who did that
to us.

Interestingly enough on Saturday just past, the Denver Post ran an
editorial/obit lionizing David Dellinger of Chicago Seven fame and
showing him in passionate embrace with Jerry Rubin. He was lauded for
his war resistance from WW II through Vietnam and the headline was
about "how much Dellinger taught us."

I sent a letter to the editor asking if the intent was to insult the
veterans of WW II on the day of dedication of their memorial or more
broadly to insult all veterans on Memorial Day weekend.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press