Old September 16th 04, 06:24 PM
Dave Butler

Jeff Meininger wrote:

The M20F report has another graphic inset that states, "N353JT had
the 'twisted' wing seen on '67 F and G models. It did nothing for
the airplane's stall characteristics and was dropped in '68."

I can interpret this to mean two different things. I suppose it
doesn't really matter, as none of the reports indicate one model
having significantly different stall characteristics than another,
but I like to sweat the small stuff. For example, if I google
search for twisted-wing mooney, all I can find is a joke about
fueling them with a mason jar. I'm just left scratching my head
as to the differences between the wing styles.

Don't know the facts on the different wings, but try googling for "wing
washout". It sounds like that's what thry're talking about.