Old February 20th 18, 12:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kiwi User

Default 2018 - AN EXCITING YEAR

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:22:53 -0800, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

Learning on the bunny hill is normal before moving to triple black
diamonds. If you start on the diamonds you will learn much slower, and
the instructor pilot will have to intervene much earlier when things
start to go bad.

A Junior is plenty good enough to get your Silver C in (I did) and the
Poles have flown 300 km tasks in them, so Gold should be on the cards
with a portable oxygen system installed. One of ours went to Edensoaring
as part of last year's expedition and those flying it had a ball.

On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 1:41:59 PM UTC-8, Ben Coleman wrote:
Keeping in mind what the next step is (our club has a Junior but it is
foreseeable that the first single seater will be a Discus 2 or
similar), having a draggy trainer is becoming less and less relevant.

Cheers Ben

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org