Old September 22nd 04, 08:51 PM
Cy Galley

Here is my take that might work.

Ask that the listed gross weight is reduced. Why? because during the testing
phase, the plane didn't perform as expected. You felt unsafe at your tested
gross weight. For safety, please lower the gross weight to 1329.

Isn't the testing phase designed for checking out the plane's parameters so
it can be safely flown? If it isn't, why have a testing phase at all.

My Bellanca has a red line of 216 MPH. Why such a weird number? It is 90%
of the demonstrated test speed of 240 MPH. (240-24). For safety the CAA
dropped off 10%. You should be able to do the same from your testing
program.

--
Cy Galley
EAA Safety Programs Editor

"LJ & Nancy Blodgett" wrote in message
Todd,I don't know that it has been certified? It has been registered and
the 40 hours flowen off.If at all possible I would like to change the
weight,as the plane dose meet the Light Sport Plane in every way.

Todd Pattist wrote:

"Rich S." wrote:

Unfortunately you cannot lower a Gross weight to meet Sport Plane
Standards once an aircraft has been certified at a higher gross weight.

May I ask for your reference? Specifically for a reference that pertains

an aircraft in the Experimental - Amateur Built category, not a

production,
Type-Certificated design.

He's referring to the "since its original certification"
language below:

§1.1 General definitions.
* * * * *
Light-sport aircraft means an aircraft, other than a
helicopter or powered-lift that, since its original
certification, has continued to meet the following:
(1) A maximum takeoff weight of not more than--
(ii) 1,320 pounds (600 kilograms) ...
Todd Pattist
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)
___
Make a commitment to learn something from every flight.
Share what you learn.