Old August 19th 03, 01:17 PM
Ed Wischmeyer

Default Steen Skybolt pre-purchase, northern California

I'm considering the purchase of a share in a Steen Skybolt (homebuilt
biplane). I'd never seen one before and my mechanical experience
consists of peeking under the cowl of rental aircraft (this would be
my first airplane). Needless to say, I need somebody familiar with the
type to have a good look at it. If anybody here is willing to do that,
or know anybody who might be, please drop me a note. The airplane is
based at RHV (San Jose, CA).

Look up EAA Chapter 62 on the web -- they're based at RHV. One of them
should know an AP who built a Skybolt at RHV. If Robin is your
instructor, he'd know the builder, as Robin did the first flight on it.

Ed Wischmeyer
former President, EAA Chapter 62