Old June 9th 11, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Training Needed?

On Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:45:47 PM UTC-7, CF wrote:
I've an unrestricted private glider rating issused before 1994.. I believe
this measns I don't need a self launch endorsement? What training or
checkrides would I need to pilot a motorgliner like the Phoenix S-LSA
www.phoenixairusa.com I'm also an A&P I should be able to no my own
maintenance

Personally, I would try to register it as a self launching glider. As a glider, it has the primary LSA pilot benefit (no medical), and none of the LSA limitations on flying and Vne.

-Tom