Old July 4th 15, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Further confirmation of my long held belief that anything over 80 degrees F should be illegal... grin

-John, Q3

On Saturday, July 4, 2015 at 11:54:16 AM UTC-4, jfitch wrote:
The conclusion is that the voice warnings are real, and the PowerFlarm GPS has gone Tango Uniform. The fact that it works in approximately the second half of the flight makes me suspect heat susceptibility (ground temps in the 90's F, vs. 50 at altitude). I will try playing with the antenna location (but it is the same as last year when it worked fine).