Old March 27th 04, 11:27 PM
John Doe

K wrote
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 07:19:31 +0000, John Doe wrote:

I really like scenery in flight simulators for site seeing and
exploration and have always wanted more, but FS9/FS2004's generated
scenery is IMO the definition of "eye candy" the way others use the
word. I guess Microsoft figured it was more efficient to include fake
scenery than to increase the realness. I wonder if that is the result
of some research on user preferences.
Just grumbling.

I don't know what you expect here. Do you think it's worth Microsoft
making accurate scenery for the entire world,

Absolutely.

vastly increasing the development time and cost,

What part of $50,000,000,000 don't you understand?

requiring several DVDs to deliver it

Like gerrcoin suggested, why not Internet downloads? Or why not support
those who are motivated enough to make add-ons? Or is that too
innovative for poor poor Microsoft?

and taking up 100 gigs worth of disk space just for you to fly around
your local airport all the time?

That wouldn't be required.

BTW. Seattle looks much better than most other cities I have seen in
FS9/FS2004. That is because folks at Microsoft pretty much cater to
themselves.

My FS9 dir is now around 30 gigs worth and
that is just UK photgraphic scenery, airports and a few other add-ons.

If you want accurate scenery then you're going to have to pay extra
for it for the locations *you* want to see. Yes it would be nice to
have it in the sim to begin with but let's have a sense of realism
here.

Flight Simulator 2004 is "as fake as it gets" (playing).

From: K
Subject: FS9/FS2004: As fake as it gets?
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:34:18 +0000
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.simulators