Old June 4th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

Default Gliders in the Grand Canyon

On Jun 3, 8:59 am, Richard Riley wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 15:05:06 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

If there were no airspace restrictions, would it be possible/safe to fly
gliders in the Grand Canyon? There's not much of a place to land in the
canyon, of course, but I don't know if there are thermals or something (?)
that would allow a glider to climb back up out of the canyon after gliding
below the rim. Is it possible? Has anyone done it?

I know. I learned to fly in gliders and flew right seat many times in
a sight-seeing Twin Otter at the canyon.

I won't tell you. From what you've posted previously, you'd only use
my answer as a starting point to insult me, belittle my experience and
claim I don't know what I'm talking about.

OK then, if him asking the question bothers you so much, then how
about if I asked?

If there were no airspace restrictions, would it be possible/safe to
fly
gliders in the Grand Canyon? There's not much of a place to land in
the
canyon, of course, but I don't know if there are thermals or something
(?)