Old January 27th 21, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GliderCZ

Default How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared?

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 4:49:43 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 3:21:43 PM UTC-8, wrote:
...Andy was saying that Biden had a plan, where is it. I am still waiting on my vaccine shot just like you.

We've had a year to get a plan in place so whatever you're experiencing right now is whatever momentum was built up from 2020. The system is like a 2-mile long freight train going 5 mph. You're wondering why we're not going 100 mph after the equivalent of 5 seconds. Answer: A=F/M. But I also figured you thought the train was going plenty fast already - nothing wrong with the prior 'plan'.

I suggest we all track vaccinations per day and see what the trend looks like to judge the plan over the next three months. I noticed that the shots allocated to the states per day is up ~15% in the first week - in part because production visibility is improving due to...deliberate efforts to improve production visibility.

I know - six whole days - how come we haven't vaccinated everybody yet? Where's the plan?

Another big difference this week is the administration just bought an additional 200 million vaccine doses from Pfizer and Moderna. The Trump administration kinda forgot to order enough for everyone ever since the initial order in June of enough doses to vaccinate 1/4 of the population. You have to excuse them, they were preoccupied trying to overturn the election results - a very important Constitutional duty laid out by the sovereign citizens on Q-Anon - so now we've had to go to the back of the line behind the rest of the world who had more foresight and ability to count their population - oops! I'm told that Trump didn't want to order more because he thought he could negotiate a better deal later, but later never came. At the time economists pointed out that saving a few billion in vaccine cost at the risk of trillions in economic damage from delay is a dopy idea. But you don't need to be an egghead to figure that out, you just need to be not Donal Trump - who never was very good with math. So now we're stuck with the dopey decision that may lead to supply shortages in March or April so you might have to wait until summer unless J&J can fill the gap or the Administration does some DPA manufacturing **** that Trump also declined to do - or the re-order gets delivered. At least, it seems there is a plan to fix the prioritization scheme that they inherited which, while well-intentioned, was clearly too complex to implement without making a mess with shortages, waste and long lines. Make the most of what supply we have - planning!

I realize it's been six whole days - vs the past year where much of the plan had to do with the pandemic magically going away - that's super easy to plan for! Just do nothing! So now you're looking for a big improvement over the prior state of affairs - on day six. At the same time I hear the argument that the state of affairs that existed prior to Jan 20 was perfectly fine because Trump had a great plan already in place - which was essentially pre-ordering not enough vaccines and calling it Warp Speed.

Honestly, I figured you as an advocate for the view that COVID's a hoax where infections are over-stated by 300x and no one dies because everyone who died actually died of something else. So why are you complaining about waiting for a shot that you likely neither want nor need? Let someone who believes it's real and dangerous get in line in front of you - or skip it entirely - that way there's more for the rest of us. Problem solved!

But actually it's all Fauci's fault for disagreeing with the President about that swallowing disinfectant thing.

Andy Blackburn
9B

Back to gliding please.

Why are we all surprised. Old, white guys with ample disposable income fit square into the MAGA demographic.