Old January 27th 21, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared?

Gregg Ballou wrote on 1/27/2021 8:12 AM:
Y'all watch too much TV. If you shut your TV off, the 'rona goes away. Try it.

It's in the newspaper, so I see it there. It's on the radio, and I hear it; it's in signs on
the doors of the stores I go to; the websites I visit mention it; the GP factory tells me my
glider will be delayed 6 months due to it; and my friends want to zoom our EAA and other
meetings. There's lots more than TV and it's not going away until we have herd immunity here,
in the countries near us, the ones we travel to or visitors come from. We may never be free of
it, just like we aren't free from the flu.

Hiding from the news will not protect me from the disease, and I really want to last long
enough to fly my new glider for 5 or 6 seasons. I hope you and the others on RAS will take the
simple covid precautions to ensure you will all be around for the next few years, so I have
friends to fly with.