Old January 31st 21, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared?

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 3:50:53 PM UTC-8, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote on 1/26/2021 3:25 PM:
On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 4:46:13 PM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
On Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 1:20:09 PM UTC-8, wrote:

Good luck with the on site testing, us seniors cannot even get the vaccine, yet others come from NY and other states to get their vaccine shots in Florida. Argentina and Brazil are selling COVID packages to Florida. My wife is in the medical field, talk to her about the availability!
My wife and I got up early and went to our area's mass vaccination site this morning after hearing on the news last night that it was open and no reservations were required - it was first come, first served. After waiting in line for an hour we were asked for our reservation, which we didn't have, and were turned away! A call to the local health department revealed that the state had changed the rules last night at 8:30 pm. So, now we are trying to get a reservation, but they are all filled. Sigh...

The excuses are already rolling out faster than the vaccinations. The Trump administration is (still) being blamed for not having a distribution plan (they did), are not getting vaccines out to the states (they did), and have no idea how many doses have been ordered and are on hand (they do). The truth is that the states have administered about half of the doses they have received:
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations
At least this is up from 25%. Meanwhile, some hospitals in NY are throwing doses out from fear of heavy fines by Cuomo. Sigh...

On top of that, real scientific studies are coming out proving what we knew all along: lockdowns don't work:
https://www.aier.org/article/new-stu...d-of-covid-19/

Tom

On Monday the site was opened up at 9.30 for appointments and 30 thousand people were online waiting for appointments, but there were only two thousand vaccine dosages available.

How is this related to our soaring vendors business? Surely there are more appropriate venues
for political discussions.

Eric,

It's related in that our operations this, and next, season are directly impacted by how COVID is dealt with: poorly and you can kiss meets and contests goodbye, well and they can be salvaged. This should be obvious to you.

Tom