Old April 21st 05, 05:42 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

"Dan Luke" writes:

"Denny" wrote:
The A36 crash record is better than average -

?

Since 1/1/03 there have been 25 A36 fatals in the U. S. In the same
period, there were 20 C-210 fatals and 16 PA-32R fatals. The 210 fleet
is larger than the A36 fleet, I believe.

It's quite possible to be "better than average" and still be worse
than some other models. Also, these numbers are small enough that I'm
not sure how big a difference is necessary to be statistically
significant; ones intuition isn't very reliable for that (you see the
same thing when people talk about changes in murder rates from year to
year, when the total count is in small double digits).