Old April 16th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack

Default DG-300/303 owners...

Ian wrote:
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 23:34:52 -0700, Marc Ramsey wrote:

You should take a look at this:

http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/holm-dg300-e.html

Marc

Just finished reading this and the related thread. This is a nightmare for
the affected owners and many others in the industry!

However as a suggestion:

Would it be possible to determine if any one aircraft has the defect by
measuring wing deflection under a known load?

I don't know about your deflection suggestion, but how DG handles
this spar-cap situation for all of the DG-300 owners should have a
significant bearing on whether, and how much, the market will
discount all of their products in the future.

A few dollars spent now to shore up what had been a good reputation
can pay big dividends. We shall soon see if DG is to remain a
desirable marque.

Jack