Old January 4th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Default First flight of 2008 -- Madison, WI (KMSN)

Jay Honeck wrote:
Margy and I bailed out of Oshkosh early one year and flew down to
Madison and rented a car there so we could do some touring of the
Frank Lloyd Wright stuff in the area.

Did you get to Racine? Lots of FLW stuff there, thanks to Johnson
Wax.

We had planned on doing a "flying week" around, but as Ron said Madison
gave us "any runway" as there were level 5's just south and the weather
stayed awful for the entire week, so we drove. We missed the tour of
the Johnson Wax building, but did spend quite a bit of time at
Wingspread where I struck up a conversation with the gardener. I now
have ferns from the Wingspread garden in my garden :-). We met someone
we voluteered with at OSH on the street in Chicago and general had a
good time. A week later the weather cleared and we were flying home.
We had a friend (instrument rated and all) who planned on leaving OSH a
few hours after we bugged out and he ended up stuck on the field for days.

Margy (not from my real email address, my real one is my first name at
my first and last names.com)